Aug 14th 2005
This Week in Tech 18
Episode 18 is On the Air
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Episode 18 is now available on all the usual sources
Records live every Sunday at 5:15pm Eastern / 2:15pm Pacific / 21:15 UTC.
Guests: Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, Steve Gibson, Robert Heron, David Prager, Roger Chang, Bob Young, Mike Lazazzera
- Dvorak and Gibson nearly come to blows over HTML mail
- Dvorak says he "gets no spam" thanks to Computer Tyme Web Hosting
- Intel announces true dual core chips next week
- AOL gives away a spammer's loot
- OS X on the PC - it's been hacked but Leo won't take the disc
- We speculate on Jobs's motives - maybe it's all a ploy
- Don't be a Novak - Dvorak's suggestions for handling tough questions
- Real time black holes snag the Job destruction newsletter
- Former Red Hat CEO Bob Young talks about his new print on demand service Lulu.com - authors get 80% royalties
- Apple tries to patent the iPod interface, but Microsft gets there first
- Mike Lazazzera hacks the iTunes Podcast rankings - watch his podcast (with Amber MacArthur) at CommandN.TV
- What really happened to Diggnation
- Listen for "Security Now!" a new podcast coming Thursday with Steve and Leo
- And Dvorak and Leo coming soon, too.
- Watch for details about our live show at the Apple Store SF
Thanks to AOL Radio for the bandwidth, Mark Blasco for the opening theme, Ashley Twitt for the amazing closing theme. TWiT logo courtesy Dorothy Yamamoto.