DMCA and the blind, Amazon's Matter support, Facebook and Meta facial scanning
- Damon Beres talks about his WIRED piece that details the challenges the DMCA poses to blind readers who want to read ebooks.
- Ry Crist from CNET walks through Amazon's newly announced support for the Matter and Thread IoT protocols in their devices.
- Jason details the short history of a Squid Game inspired cryptocurrency scam and how easy it was to net $3.3 million.
- Mikah covers Facebook's announcement that it would be getting rid of its facial recognition system while Meta has no plans to back down.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Blind People Won the Right to Break Ebook DRM. In 3 Years, They'll Have to Do It Again
- Amazon is bringing support for Matter and Thread to Echo and Eero devices
- New Squid Game Cryptocurrency Launches as Obvious Scam
- Squid Game Cryptocurrency Scammers Make Off With $3.3 Million
- Facebook, Citing Societal Concerns, Plans to Shut Down Facial Recognition System
- Facebook is backing away from facial recognition. Meta isn’t.