Apr 1st 2021
Tech News Weekly 177
A Whole Lotta Hololens
Tesla and Bitcoin, NFTs and artists, Nest Hub 2 review, Godzilla vs Kong.
- Sam Abuelsamid from Guidehouse Insights talks about Tesla's investments into Bitcoin and why it might not be such a great idea to buy a car with crypto.
- The US Army is going to be outfitted with 120,000 Hololens devices and Sam Machkovech from Ars Technica discusses what they'll be used for. Also, Super Mario is dead (sort of), and so are digital games sales for the PS3.
- Abby Olheiser from MIT Technology Review interviewed a number of digital artists to see what they find appealing about NFTs in selling their art and some of the big downsides involved.
- The Nest Hub 2 analyzes your sleep and maybe even your dog's too. Ryan Whitwam from Android Police shares his review of the new smart display with soli radar built-in.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Elon Musk's Bet on Bitcoin as Payment
- HoloLens for 120,000 Army Personnel: Microsoft Inks $21.9 Billion Deal
- PSA: You Have One Day Until Nintendo Delists Super Mario 3D All-Stars
- Sony Will Shut Down Online Stores for Legacy PlayStation Games This Summer
- Some Artists Found a Lifeline Selling NFTs. Others Worry It’s a Trap.
- Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) Review: Sweet Dreams Are Made of Gs