- The group discusses the DOJ's antitrust case against Google's search dominance.
- The hosts debate whether AI will help or harm the fight against online disinformation.
- Leo and Joan discuss the challenges of internet safety and regulation in the UK.
- Google news includes: Chromebook lifespan extended to 10 years, Android 14 QPR beta, Google Calendar appointment booking, Nest speaker groups limited, and Google Domains transferred to Squarespace.
- Leo and Joan talk about the New York Times job posting for an AI ethics lead.
- The hosts play an AI-generated song made by Stability AI.
- Leo shares highlights from the leaked Google document about shutting down Stadia game streaming.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Google announces 10 years of ChromeOS support on Chromebooks
- Uber made traffic worse. Robotaxis like Cruise, Waymo will also
- U.S. Blasts Google Over Paying $10 Billion a Year to Cut Out Search Rivals - The New York Times
- Google Stadia: Leaked Documents Explain its Failure
- Google's post: Bard can now connect to your Google apps and services
- Stability AI debuts Stable Audio bringing text to audio generation to the masses | VentureBeat
- NYT hiring newsroom generative AI lead
- Google’s Taylor Swift puzzle is nearing completion hours after it all began; how to join
- Google rolling out Android 14 QPR1 Beta 1 for Pixel
- You Can Finally Offer Bookable Appointments on Your Google Calendar
- Nest devices now limited to one Google Home speaker group
- Google Domains has stopped selling new domains
- SpaceX projected 20 million Starlink users by 2022—it ended up with 1 million
- Fast USB-C Cable with Lifetime Warranty
- It Was Magical - #JacobPruitt