Rumors and reports re: Samsung's Galaxy Unpacked event, what you need to know about the "Hey Google" Smart Home Virtual Summit, and the trials and tribulations of Quibi.
First, Android Police's David Ruddock gives us a rundown of Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Unpacked event. Between news of a new foldable phone and the next iteration of the Note, there's a lot to explore.
Then, Stacey Higginbotham stops by to talk "Hey Google." Google's Smart Home Virtual Summit gave a tiny glimpse into the future of the smart home and the Google Assistant, but mostly it gave developers guidance for smart home apps and products.
Then, Forbes contributor Don Reisinger shares his thoughts on the current and future state of Quibi. One study shows dismal downloads and subscriptions for Quibi, but the company says it's doing just fine. What's true and what's false? Reisinger explains!
Lastly, Mikah talks about the future of Thunderbolt on the Mac (very nerdy) and Jason discusses cryptocurrency Dogecoin and digital investment in general.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- It's Official: Samsung Will Reveal the Galaxy Note20 on August 5th
- "Hey Google" Smart Home Summit
- The New “Works With Google” Program Takes a Page From Apple
- Quibi Download And Sales Figures Tell A Grim Story, Study Shows
- Apple Promises to Support Thunderbolt on Its New ARM Macs
- TikTok Takes on Crypto With Dogecoin Soaring 40% in 24 Hours