Smartphone convergence, Android 11 Beta.
- Apple announced that they would be sunsetting iBooks Author and iTunes U, but the writing was on the wall.
- Amazon banned police use of its Rekognition facial recognition technology for one year while it waits for Congress to implement stronger regulations.
- Daniel Bader from Android Central details the new features of Android 11 Beta 1, and what consumers can get excited about when its officially released later this year.
- On CNET's 25 year anniversary, Brian Cooley talks about how the smartphone revolution could easily have never happened if convergence wasn't embraced early on.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Skype Song (Because Why Not)
- Apple Announces iTunes U and iBooks Author Will Be Discontinued
- Amazon Bans Police Use of Facial Recognition Technology for One Year
- 30,000 Unsuspecting Rose Bowl Attendees Were Scooped Up in a Facial Recognition Test
- Here's Everything New in the Android 11 Beta
- Don’t Install Android 11 Beta if You Use Google Pay
- The Phones We Use Today Nearly Didn't Happen